Heat transfer on the middle generatrix of a horizontal pipe in the turbulent flow of low-temperature helium
- 21 Downloads
Results are presented from an experimental study of heat transfer in a turbulent helium flow under conditions of forced and mixed convection in horizontal pipes.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Convection Experimental Study Statistical Physic Helium
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. J. Giarratano, V. D. Arp, and R. V. Smith, “Forced convection heat transfer to supercritical helium,” Cryogenics,11, No. 5, 385–393 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Odata and S. Sato, “Measurements of forced convection heat transfer to supercritical helium,” Proceedings of the Fourth International Cryogenic Engineering Conference, Eindhoven, Netherlands, May 24–26 (1972), pp. 291–294.Google Scholar
- 3.C. Johannes, “Studies of forced convection heat transfer to helium 1,” Adv. Cryog. Eng.,17, 352–360 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.P. J. Giarratano and M. C. Jones, “Deterioration of heat transfer to supercritical helium at 2.5 atm.,” Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer,18, 649–653 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Pron'ko, G. I. Malyshev, and L. N. Migalinskaya, “Regimes of normal and deteriorated heat transfer in the single-phase near-critical region in turbulent helium flow in pipes,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,30, No. 4, 606–611 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.D. J. Brassington and D. N. H. Kairns, “Measurements of forced convection heat transfer to supercritical helium,” Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer,20, No. 3, 207–214 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.M. L. Dolgoi and A. M. Troyanov, “Heat transfer in a flow of helium with near-critical parameters in a horizontal channel,” in: Heat and Mass Transfer Processes in Cryogenic Systems [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1980), pp. 21–26.Google Scholar
- 8.V. G. Pron'ko, G. P. Malyshev, and I. P. Vishnev, “Heat transfer to supercritical helium in a horizontal channel,” in: Heat and Mass Transfer-VI [in Russian], A. V. Lykov Institute of Heat and Mass Transfer of the Belorussian Academy of Sciences, Vol. 1, Pt. 1, Minsk (1980), pp. 173–177.Google Scholar
- 9.M. A. Valyuzhinich, V. M. Eroshenko, E. V. Kuznetsov, and N. N. Yaroslavtseva, “Heat transfer in a helium flow in a forced convection regime at supercritical pressure,” in: Creation of a Superconducting Voltage-Generator Lead [in Russian], G. M. Krzhizhanovskii Power Engineering Institute, Moscow (1981), pp. 125–132.Google Scholar
- 10.M. A. Valyuzhinich and E. V. Kuznetsov, “Experimental study of heat transfer in the heating of helium at supercritical pressure,” VINITI, No. 4708, Sept. 1, 1982.Google Scholar
- 11.V. M. Jeroshenko, Je. V. Kuznetzov, O. A. Shevchenko, R. C. Hendricks, and D. E. Daney, “Measurements of mixed convective heat transfer to low temperature helium in a horizontal channel,” Proceedings of the Fifteenth International Congress on Refrigeration, Venice, Italy, Sept. 23–29 (1979), pp. 1–20.Google Scholar
- 12.R. C. Hendricks, D. E. Daney, V. M. Jeroshenko, Je. V. Kuznetzov, and O. A. Shevchenko, “Some heat transfer and hydrodynamic problems associated with superconducting cables,” Proceedings of the Fifth USA-USSR Symposium on Superconducting Power Transmission, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, Sept. 5–6, 1978.Google Scholar
- 13.V. M. Eroshenko and E. V. Kuznetsov, “Calculation of heat transfer and hydraulic resistance in a helium flow in the near-critical thermodynamic state,” in: Superconducting Electrical Power Transmission Lines, G. M. Krzhizhanovskii Power Engineering Institute, Moscow (1979), pp. 65–74.Google Scholar
- 14.B. S. Petukhov, A. F. Polyakov, and S. V. Rosnovskii, “New approach to calculating heat transfer with the heat carrier at supercritical pressures,” Teplofiz. Vys. Temp., ul14., No. 6, 1326–1329 (1976).Google Scholar
- 15.A. F. Polyakov, “Development of secondary free convection flows in forced turbulent flow in horizontal pipes,” Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 5, 60–66 (1974).Google Scholar
- 16.B. S. Petukhov, A. F. Polyakov, and Yu. L. Shekhter, “Turbulent flow and heat transfer in a gravitational force field,” Teplofiz. Vys. Temp.,16, No. 3, 624–639 (1978).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1984