Cellular regulation of secretion of mitogenic factor by human lymphocytes in vitro
- 13 Downloads
The principles governing production of mitogenic factor in human lymphocyte cultures stimulated by phytohemagglutinin (PHA) were studied. The mitogenic activity of the culture media were tested in the presence of antibodies against PHA. Irradiation of the lymphocytes sharply increased their ability to produce mitogenic factors. Removal of phagocytic cells by means of iron carbonyl also led to marked stimulation of production of the factor. Irradiations and removal of phagocytic cells were shown to stimulate production of mitogenic factor by different mechanisms.
Key Wordslymphokines mitogenic factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. N. Voitenok, Probl. Gematol., No. 3, 48 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.N. N. Voitenok, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 9, 76 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.N. N. Voitenok, N. V. Varivotskaya, P. P. Murzenok, et al., Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 7, 829 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.N. N. Voitenok, N. V. Varivotskaya, P. P. Murzenok, et al., Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 8, 963 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.N. L. Samoilina and O. A. Mendelevich, Probl. Gematol., No. 6, 36 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.H. N. Claman, Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci.,249, 27 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.C. L. Geczy, J. Immunol.,119, 2107 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Notila and H. N. Rode, Eur. J. Immunol.,8, 133 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.J. E. Ryser, J. C. Cerottini, and K. T. Brunner, J. Immunol.,120, 370 (1978).Google Scholar
- 10.M. M. Taylor, C. J. Burman, and K. H. Fantes, Cell. Immunol.,19, 41 (1975).Google Scholar