Investigating the removal of heat at the cathode spot of an intensively swept electric arc
- 15 Downloads
We describe the installation and method for a study of the transfer of heat in the near-electrode region of an intensively swept electric arc. We present the experimental data demonstrating the relationship between the heat removed from the cathode spot and the current strength for an air flow rate of 6.6 g/sec (the air supplied to the plasmotron chamber) and with an external magnetic field exhibiting a strength of 850 Oe.
KeywordsExperimental Data Magnetic Field Statistical Physic External Magnetic Field Current Strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Finkelnburg and H. Maecker, Electric Arcs and Thermal Plasma [Russian translation], IL (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.V. R. Karasik, The Physics of Magnetic Fields and Their Application [in Russian], Nauka (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.N. B. Vargaftik, Handbook of Thermophysical Properties of Gases and Liquids [in Russian], Fizmatgiz (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.G. A. Kukekov, Design of ac High-Voltage Switches [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.R. S. Guter and B. V. Ovchinskii, Elements of Numerical Analysis and Mathematical Processing of Experimental Results [in Russian], GIFML, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar