A problem of transient heat conduction in a semibounded body with an internal cylindrical heat source
A solution is obtained to the problem of transient heat conduction in a semibounded body both with an internal cylindrical heat source and with constant temperatures at both body and cylinder surfaces. Expressions are derived for the temperature field and the rate of heat flow.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Heat Conduction Constant Temperature Heat Source Heat Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Kutateladze, Fundamentals of Heat-Transfer Theory [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow-Lenin-grad (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.I. Nicholson, Proc. Roy. Soc.,A100, 226 (1921).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Carslaw and D. Yaeger, Thermal Conductivity of Solids [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow(1964).Google Scholar
- 4.I. A. Ioffe, Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,29, 417 (1959).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Lykov, Theory of Heat Conduction [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.G. N. Watson, Theory of Bessel Functions [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1949).Google Scholar