Pressure losses in a conduit with a venturi tube
- 50 Downloads
We present the experimental relationships for the coefficient of kinetic flow energy and static pressure as a function of conduit length following a Venturi tube. A formula is proposed for the determination of the coefficient of the hydraulic resistance of the Venturi tube as a function of its structural parameters, as well as a function of the length of the straight segment of the conduit behind the Venturi tube.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Static Pressure Pressure Loss Flow Energy Hydraulic Resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Murin, Heat-Engineering Measurement [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat (1951).Google Scholar
- 2.V. P. Preobrazhenskii, Heat-Engineering Measurements and Instruments [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat (1953).Google Scholar
- 3.S. G. Popov, Measurements of Air Flows [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat (1947).Google Scholar
- 4.G. N. Abramovich, Applied Gas Dynamics [in Russian], Gostekhterorizdat (1953).Google Scholar
- 5.I. E. Idel'chik, Handbook on Hydraulic Resistances [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Prandtl, Hydroaeromechanics [Russian translation], IL (1953).Google Scholar