The critical conditions of the thermal regime in a generalized couette flow
- 17 Downloads
We examine the nonisothermal steady-state flow of a Newtonian fluid between two parallel plates with consideration of the energy dissipation and in the assumption of a hyperbolic relationship between viscosity and temperature under various temperature boundary conditions. It is assumed that the upper plate is moving at a constant speed and that there is a pressure difference across the space between the plates in the direction of plate motion.
KeywordsViscosity Boundary Condition Statistical Physic Energy Dissipation Critical Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. M. Targ, Fundamental Problems from the Theory of Laminar Flows [in Russian], GITTL, Moscow-Leningrad (1951).Google Scholar
- 2.A. K. Pavlin, PMM,19, No. 5 (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.V. S. Yablonskii and S. A. Kaganov, Ufimskogo Neft. Instituta, No. 3 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Hausenblas, Ingr.-Arch.,18, 151 (1950).Google Scholar
- 5.S. A. Regirer, PMM,21, No. 3 (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.S. A. Kaganov, PMTF, No. 3 (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.E. Jahnke and F. Ende, Tables of Functions with Formulas and Curves [Russian translation], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1959).Google Scholar