Mass exchange in isotope separation by the distillation method
We investigate the turbulent flow of a gas in a packed column; taking account of this flow, we obtain a general analytic expression for the height of the equilibrium stage in the separation of isotopes by the distillation method.
KeywordsStatistical Physic General Analytic Expression Mass Exchange Packed Column Equilibrium Stage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Kaminskii and N. A. Giorgadze, “Calculation of the height of a stage in columns with efficient packing,” Isotopenpraxis,9, No. 1, 1–5 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Kaminskii and N. A. Giorgadze, “Theoretical calculation of the HETP in isotope separation in packed distillation columns,” Isotopenpraxis,14, No. 321–324 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Kaminskii and N. A. Giorgadze, “Characteristics of gas and liquid flow in spiral packings,” Zh. Prikl. Khim.,49, No. 8, 1766–1769 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.D. A. Frank-Kamenetskii, Diffusion and Heat Transfer in Chemical Kinetics, Plenum Publ. (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Mechanics of Continuous Media [in Russian], OGIZ, Moscow (1944).Google Scholar