Effect of concentration asymmetry on the effectiveness of thermal-diffusion columns
- 13 Downloads
One reason (never hitherto presented) for the development of parasitic convection in thermal-diffusion columns due to concentration asymmetry around their perimeter is set out; a method is also proposed for taking this effect into consideration quantitatively when conducting this process in the liquid phase.
KeywordsConvection Statistical Physic Liquid Phase Concentration Asymmetry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Ya. and G. D. Babinovich, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,19, 809 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.G. D. Rabinovich, R. Ya. Gurevich, and G. I. Bobrova, Thermodiffusive Separation of Liquid Mixtures [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Rozen, Theory of Isotope Separation in Columns [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.J. J. C. Chieh, J. Phys. Chem.,75, 1508 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.I. B. Rabinovich, Influence of Isotopy on the Physico-Chemical Properties of Liquids [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.P. H. Abelson and J. I. Hoover, Proc. Symp. Isotope Separation, Amsterdam (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.D. Baldeschwieler, A. I. Ch. E. Journal,7, 34 (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.F. H. Horne and R. J. Bearman, J. Chem. Phys.,37, 2842 (1962).Google Scholar
- 9.W. J. Korchinsky and A. H. Emery, A. I. Ch. E. Journal,13, 224 (1967).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Jones and W. Ferry, Separation of Isotopes by Thermal Diffusion [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1947).Google Scholar
- 11.G. Dickel, Z. Naturforschung,16a, 755 (1961).Google Scholar