Raman scattering of x-rays in crystals
- 9 Downloads
The quantum theory for Raman scattering of x-rays by K electrons in crystals is given. The electrons ejected into the conduction band are described by plane waves. The expression obtained for the differential cross section has a Compton-like angular dependence in contrast to the results of Japanese physicists who used the dipole approximation in their work.
KeywordsConduction Band Plane Wave Quantum Theory Differential Cross Section Angular Dependence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Das Gupta, Phys. Rev. Lett.,3, 38 (1959); Phys. Rev.,128, 2181 (1962); Phys. Rev. Lett.,13, 338 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Suzuki, Nippon Buturi Gakkai Kaishi,19 789 (1964); J. Phys. Soc. Japan,21, 2087 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.R. J. Weiss, Phys. Rev.,140, 1867 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Mizuno and Y. Ohmura, J. Phys. Soc. Japan,22, 445 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.I. S. Gradshtein and I. M. Ryzhik, Tables of Integrals, Sums, Series, and Products [in Russian], GIFML, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar