Viscous liquid flow in a channel with sinusoidal walls
- 30 Downloads
An approximate solution is obtained for the problem of flow of a viscous incompressible liquid within a plane channel formed by uniformly spaced sinusoidally curved walls.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Approximate Solution Liquid Flow Viscous Liquid Plane Channel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Elata and U. Takserman, “The viscous flow through channels and tubes with sinusoidal boundaries as a model for porous media,” Isr. J. Technol.,14, No. 6, 235–240 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.J. C. Burnes and T. Parkes, “Peristaltic motion,” J. Fluid Mech.,29, 731–743 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.J. C. F. Chow and K. Soda, “Laminar flow in tubes with constriction,” Phys. Fluids,15, 1700–1706 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.C. J. Wang, “On Stokes flow between corrugated plates,” Trans. ASME, J. Appl. Mech.,46, No. 2, 462–463.Google Scholar
- 5.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Mechanics of Continuous Media [in Russian], Gos. Izd. Tekh. Teor. Lit., Moscow (1954).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Blasius, “Laminare Strömungen in Kanälen wechselnder Breite,” Z. Math. Phys.,58, 225–233 (1910).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1982