The thermal boundary layer of a non-fourier power-law fluid on a plate with a variable surface temperature
- 28 Downloads
The equation for the thermal boundary layer of a non-Fourier powerlaw fluid on a flat plate with an exponential distribution of surface temperature is reduced to an ordinary equation and solved by the method of finite differences. The effect of the exponent γ on the temperature profile and on the heat-transfer coefficient is determined. It is demonstrated that the asymptotic solutions of the equation for large σ are nearly exact.
KeywordsBoundary Layer Statistical Physic Surface Temperature Temperature Profile Finite Difference
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. I. Strakhovich and S. L. Lur'e, IFZh [Journal of Engineering Physics],12, no. 3, 1967.Google Scholar
- 2.Z. P. Shul'man and B. M. Berkovskii, The Boundary Layer of Non-Newtonian Fluids [in Russian], Izd. Nauka i tekhnika, Minsk, 1966.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Levy, Journ. Aeron. Sci.,19, no. 5, 341, 1952.Google Scholar
- 4.S. L. Lur'e, IFZh [Journal of Engineering Physics],14, no. 1, 1968.Google Scholar
- 5.E. T. Whittaker and J. Watson, Modern Analysis, Part 2 [Russian translation], Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1963.Google Scholar