One approach to calculating a turbulent boundary layer on a surface with a compliant coating
- 27 Downloads
A method is proposed for calculating a turbulent boundary layer on a surface with a viscoelastic coating. The method is based on the introduction of the van Driest damping function to account for the effect of the coating on the boundary layer.
KeywordsBoundary Layer Statistical Physic Turbulent Boundary Layer Compliant Coating Viscoelastic Coating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. G. Fisher, L. M. Weinstein, D. M. Bushnell, and R. L. Ash, “Compliant wall-turbulent skin friction reduction research,” AIAA Paper, No. 75–833, 1–30 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.D. T. Tsahalis, “On the theory of skin friction reduction by compliant walls,” AIAA Paper, No. 686, 1–11 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.G. A. Voropaev, “Calculation of certain characteristics of a turbulent boundary layer on a compliant surface,” in: Mathematical Methods of Studying Flow Hydrodynamics [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1978), pp. 9–13.Google Scholar
- 4.K. K. Fedyaevskii, A. S. Ginevskii, and A. V. Kolesnikov, Calculation of the Turbulent Boundary Layer of an Incompressible Fluid [in Russian], Sudostroenie, Leningrad (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.W. B. Nicoll, A. B. Strong, and K. A. Woolner, “On the laminar motion of a fluid near an oscillating porous infinite plane,” Trans. ASME, Ser. E,35, No. 1, 324–327 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.A. B. Airapetov, “Laminar motion of a viscous incompressible fluid next to a permeable cylinder vibrating in the fluid,” Uch. Zap. TsAGI,4, No. 5, 88–92 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.K. R. Sreenivasan and R. A. Antonia, “Properties of wall shear stress fluctuations in a turbulent duct flow,” Trans. ASME, Ser. E,44, No. 3, 389–395 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.B. M. Efimtsov and S. E. Shubin, “Probability characteristics of pressure pulsations in a boundary layer on the surface of an aircraft,” in: Aeronautical Acoustics, Tr. TsAGI, No. 1655 (1975), pp. 3–14.Google Scholar
- 9.P. M. Ogivalov, N. I. Malinin, V. P. Netrebenko, and B. P. Kishkin, Structural Polymers [in Russian], Vol. 1, Moscow State Univ. (1972).Google Scholar