Numerical analysis of transverse streamlining of a staggered bundle of tubes
The difference scheme of second-order precision  is applied to the analysis of transverse streamlining of coaxial circular tubes in a staggered bundle by a viscous incompressible fluid.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Difference Scheme Incompressible Fluid Circular Tube Viscous Incompressible Fluid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Arakawa, “Computational design for long-term numerical integration in the equation of fluid flow: two-dimensional flow of incompressible fluid, Part 1,” J. Comput. Phys.,1, 119–143 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.D. C. Thoman and A. A. Szewczyk, “Time-dependent viscous flow over a circular cylinder,” Phys. Fluids, Suppl. 2, 76–86 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.B. E. Launder and T. H. Massey, “Numerical prediction of viscous flow and heat transfer in tube banks,” J. Heat Transfer,100, 565–571 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Antuf'ev and G. S. Beletskii, Heat Transfer and Aerodynamic Drag at Tubes in a Transverse Stream [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1948).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Gurov, E. N. Inozemtseva, Yu. A. Koshmarov, and S. B. Svirshchevskii, “Drag at bundles of cylinders transversely streamlined by a gas at low values of the Reynolds number,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 1, 180–183 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Zhukauskas, V. I. Makaryavichus, and A. A. Shlanchyauskas, Heat Transfer at Bundles of Tubes in a Transverse Stream [in Russian], Mintis, Vilnius (1968).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1982