Reduction of hydrodynamic drag and size of polymer particles
- 24 Downloads
The influence of the size of polymer particles and their number in the deformed fluid volume on the Thoms effect is examined in an example of biopolymers of surface extractions of water animals.
KeywordsPolymer Statistical Physic Fluid Volume Polymer Particle Hydrodynamic Drag
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. W. Hoyt, “The effect of additives on fluid friction,” Trans. ASME,D94, No. 2, 258–285 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.P. S. Virk and E. W. Merrill, “The onset of dilute polymer solution phenomenation,” Viscous Drag Reduction (ed. by C. S. Wells), No. 4, 107–129 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Kudin, “On dimensions of associates in polymer solutions reducing the hydrodynamic drag,” Gidromekhanika, No. 20, 82–90 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.E. T. Uskova, L. N. Momot, and V. A. Krisal'nyi, “On the efficiency of skin excreta of some marine animals in hydrodynamic drag reduction,” Bionika, No. 8, 148–151 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.E. T. Uskova, V. S. Raevskii, L. N. Momot, and I. A. Uskov, “Comparative study of hydrodynamic activity of solutions of polyoxyethylene and skin excreta of marine animals,” Bionika, No. 9, 90–93 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.E. T. Uskova and V. M. Zhartovskii, “On the influence of certain biopolymers on the laminar and turbulent fluid flow modes,” Physicochemical Mechanics and Lyophillity of Disperse Systems, No. 2, 121–125 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Klenin, S. Yu. Shchegolev, A. V. Severinov, and Yu. I. Bulkin, “Determination of the mean size and size distribution of particles of acrylate latexes by the turbidity spectrum method,” Paint Materials and Their Application, No. 4, 56–60 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Klenin, S. Yu. Shchegolev, and V. I. Lavrushin, Characteristic Functions of Light Scattering of Disperse Systems [in Russian], Saratov Univ. Press, Saratov (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.T. S. Dmitrieva, V. S. Mitina, and V. I. Klenin, “Lifetime determination of the physicochemical parameters of cells and populations of vaccine strains of the farinaceous microbe EV NIIEG by the method of turbidity spectrum,” Problems of Especially Dangerous Infections, No. 2(30), 116–121 (1973).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1981