Internal stresses of electrolytic IR on deposited from a sulphate bath
Internal stresses in electrolytic deposits were measured by a magnetic method, different in principle from those used earlier.
It was found that, as the current density was raised from 3 to 8 A/dm2, the internal stresses can take values from 100 to 1200 kg/cm2.
The dependence of the internal stresses on temperature is complex in character. The graphs of equal stresses are not linear.
The experimental results are explained from the point of view of the dislocation model of the occurrence of internal stresses.
KeywordsSulphate Internal Stress Magnetic Method Dislocation Model Electrolytic Deposit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Koshmanov, M. Ya. Popereka, and M. N. Shageev, in: Electrolyte and Chemical Deposition of Metals, Uch. Zap. NGPI, No. 23, Novosibirsk (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Ya. Popereka, Zavod. Lab.,27, No. 9, 1135 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Ya. Popereka, Mechanical and Power Engineering of Kazakhstan, No. 5 (1961), p. 22.Google Scholar
- 4.N. S. Akulov and L. V. Kirenskii, Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,9, No. 19 (1939).Google Scholar
- 5.D. A. Laptei and M. N. Shageev, Zavod. Lab., No. 5, 703 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.E. V. Panchenko et al., The Metallographic Laboratory, Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.F. Foerster, Electrochimie Wäperiger Lösungen, Leipzig (1922).Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Pamfilov and P. M. Mel'nik, Zh. Prikl. Khim., 35, 10, 2272 (1962).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Ya. Popereka and K. A. Siletskaya, in: Electrodeposition of Metals and Ultrasonic Micronon-destructive Testing, Uch. Zap. NGPI, No. 22, Novosibirsk (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Ya. Popereka, Fiz. Met. i Metal.,20, No. 5, 753 (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.T. P. Hoar and D. I. Arrowsmith, Trans. Inst. Met. Fin.,36, No. 1, 1 (1958).Google Scholar
- 12.W. F. Brown, Phys. Rev.,58, 736 (1940);60, 139 (1941).Google Scholar
- 13.M. Ya. Popereka, Internal Stresses of Electrolytically Deposited Metals [in Russian], Zap.-Sib. Izd-vo, Novosibirsk (1966).Google Scholar