Allowance for partial line overlap in determination of the optical thickness of a layer of plasma by the method of linear absorption
- 16 Downloads
The linear absorption has been calculated for two partly overlapping lines of Doppler form.
The linear absorption as a function of optical density has been calculated for the 5890 and 5896 Å lines of Na.
The concentration of Na atoms in a high-frequency discharge has been deduced by linear absorption and from the vapor pressure. The two sets of results are in satisfactory agreement.
Neglect of partial overlap can lead to results 50% too low in this case.
KeywordsOptical Density Vapor Pressure Satisfactory Agreement Optical Thickness Linear Absorption
- 1.W. M. Elsasser, Phys. Rev.,54, 126, 1938.Google Scholar
- 2.W. S. Seitz and D. V. Lundholm, JOSA,54, 315, 1964.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Sakay and F. R. Staufer, JOSA,54, 759, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.G. N. Plass, JOSA,55, 104, 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.F. Matossi, R. Mayer, and E. Rauscher, Phys. Rev.,76, 760, 1949.Google Scholar
- 6.N. G. Preobrazhenskii, Opt. i spektr.,14, 342, 1963.Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Rukosueva, Opt. i spektr.,16, 963, 1964.Google Scholar
- 8.L. R. Granath and S. M. Van Atta, Phys. Rev.,44, 935, 1933.Google Scholar
- 9.D. A. Jackson and H. Kuhn, Proc. Roy. Soc.,A148, 335, 1935.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Fox and T. S. Raby, Phys. Rev.,48, 746, 1925.Google Scholar
- 11.K. W. Meibner and K. F. Luft, Ann. Phys.,5, BB, 667, 1937.Google Scholar
- 12.H. Schüler, Naturwiss.,16, 512, 1928.Google Scholar