Certain general questions of fast-electron transport II. Kinetic equations and conditions governing the accelerated motion of fast electrons in dielectrics in an electric field
- 17 Downloads
A general kinetic equation for the differential density of fast particles moving in a medium in an external field is derived on the basis of the continuity equation in phase space. An equation is written for the differential flux in the case of fixed target particles. This equation is used to derive equations for fast electrons; account is taken of the coupling of energy-loss and scattering events in an electric field for various particular problems analogous to those studied in the theory of electron transport in the absence of a field. The kinetic equations are used to analyze the conditions governing accelerated motion of electrons in a dielectric in an external electric field in the continuous-deceleration approximation. Account is taken of fluctuations in the energy loss and of multiple scattering. There are two energy ranges of particles moving in a dielectric in which accelerated motion can occur; in the case of an electron beam with a continuous energy spectrum, this acceleration would be accompanied by monochromatization of the beam.
KeywordsElectron Beam Phase Space Energy Spectrum Kinetic Equation External Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Vorob'ev and S. A. Vorob'ev, Izv. VUZ, Fiz., No. 3, 127 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Lackner, I. Kohlberg, and S. V. Nablo, J. Appl. Phys.,36, 2064 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Vorob'ev and O. B. Evdokimov, Izv. TPI,170, 102 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.N. A. Chernikov, Nauchnye Doklady Vysshei Shkoly, Fiz.-Mat. Nauki, No. 1, 168 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.W. G. Dakes, Proc. IEEE,96, Part 1, 37 (1949); Nature,159, 29 (1947); A. A. Vorob'ev and E. K. Zavadovskaya, Izv. TPI, 71 (1952).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Vorob'ev and B. A. Kononov, Passage of Electrons through Matter [in Russian], TGU, Tomsk (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.L. D. Landau, J. of Phys., USSR,8, 204 (1944).Google Scholar
- 8.O. B. Evdokimov and V. I. Veretel'nik, Izv. VUZ, Fiz. (in press).Google Scholar