Temperature dependence of young's modulus for alkali-halide crystals
- 15 Downloads
This apparatus gives readings for Young's modulus E and for the velocity of sound c as functions of temperature t. It is found that — dE/dt for the halides of Na and K increases with the lattice energy in a regular fashion.
KeywordsHalide Lattice Energy Regular Fashion
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.M. Born and K. Huang, Dynamic Theory of Crystal Lattices [Russian translation], Moscow-Leningrad, 1958.Google Scholar
- 2.G. Leibfried and H. Hahn, Zs. Phys., 150, 497, 1958.Google Scholar
- 3.S. L. Quimby, Phys. Rev., 25, 558, 1925.Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Stepanov and I. M. Eidus, ZhETF, 29, 668, 1955.Google Scholar
- 5.Gladkov, in: Ultrasonics Applied to Inspection of Materials [in Russian], B. F. Nozdrev and B. B. Kudryavtsev [eds.], 3, 199, 1956.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Huntington, UFN, 74, 461, 1961.Google Scholar
- 7.S. P. Nikanorov and A. V. Stepanov, ZhETF, 37, 1814, 1959.Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. M. Chernov and A. V. Stepanov, FTT, 3, 2872, 1961.Google Scholar
- 9.S. P. Nikanorov and A. V. Stepanov, FTT, 4, 2576, 1962.Google Scholar
© The Faraday Press, Inc. 1967