Analysis of the dispersion relation of nonlinear slab-guided waves
- 38 Downloads
The dispersion relations of TE-polarized nonlinear guided waves (NGWs) in a symmetrical slab configuration (linear slab embedded between two identical media with a Kerr nonlinearity) are investigated in detail. Among even and odd NGWs the waveguide can support also NGWs, revealing an asymmetrical field pattern. The excitation of these NGWs requires a minimum guided power flux indicating a bifurcation of the corresponding dispersion curves.
PACS42.82 42.65 B
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A.A. Maradudin: Second Int. School on Condensed Matter Physics, Varna, Bulgaria (1982)Google Scholar
- 2.N.N. Achmedijev: Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.83, 545 (1982)Google Scholar
- 3.F. Lederer, U. Langbein, H.-E. Ponath: Appl. Phys. B31, 69 (1983)Google Scholar
- 4.U. Langbein, F. Lederer, H.-E. Ponath, U. Trutschel: Appl. Phys. B (to be published)Google Scholar
- 5.A.E. Kaplan: Sov. Phys. JETP45, 896 (1977)Google Scholar
- 6.D.J. Robbins: Opt. Commun.47, 309 (1983)Google Scholar