Equation for the effective potential of an atom with the oscillation correction
- 20 Downloads
The equation for the effective potential of an atom in the Thomas-Fermi model is considered. An equation is obtained for the oscillation correction to the potential, due to the nonanalytic dependence of the electron density on Planck's constant ħ. The equation for the exchange and quantum corrections to the potential within the framework of the approximations discussed agrees with the equation of Kompaneets and Pavlovskii. The exchange, quantum, and oscillation corrections to the radial density of the atomic electrons are compared.
KeywordsEffective Potential Quantum Correction Atomic Electron Radial Density Oscillation Correction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. H. Thomas, Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc.,23, 542, 1926; E. Fermi, Zs. f. Phys.,48, 73, 1928.Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Kompaneets and E. S. Pavlovskii, ZhETF,31, 427, 1956.Google Scholar
- 3.D. A. Kirzhnits, ZhETF,32, 115, 1957.Google Scholar
- 4.H. M. Schey and J. L. Schwartz, Phys. Rev.,137, A709, 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.M. J. Stephen and K. Zalewski, Proc. Roy. Soc., London,A270, 435, 1962.Google Scholar
- 6.O. V. Troshin, Izv. VUZ, Fizika [Soviet Physics Journal], no. 4, 56, 1968.Google Scholar
- 7.O. V. Troshin, Uch. zap. Ural'skogo un-ta, ser. fiz., no. 1, 119, 1965.Google Scholar