Approximate calculation of the magnetic moment of an elliptic-profile cylinder in a uniform alternating magnetic field
- 58 Downloads
Equations are derived for the magnetic moment of a cylinder of elliptic profile magnetized by a uniform alternating magnetic field. The problem is solved by the approximate Neumann-Gel'bukh method. A correction which permits the use of the Neumann-Gel'bukh method for small ¦k¦a >- 1 is proposed for calculating the magnetic moment of a cylinder with a permeability μ = 1. Approximate expressions are found for the magnetic moment of a circular cylinder and of a sphere having permeability of μ = 1. The calculation error does not exceed 17%.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Permeability Circular Cylinder Calculation Error Approximate Expression
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. R. Neuman, Surface Effects in Ferromagnetic Objects [Russian translation], Gosenergoizdat (1949).Google Scholar
- 2.L. A. Gel'bukh, Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,27, No. 3 (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Gel'bukh, Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,28, No. 3 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.A. B. Sapozhnikov, Doctoral Dissertation [in Russian], Tomsk (1952).Google Scholar
- 5.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Electrodynamics of Continuous Media [in Russian] (1959).Google Scholar
- 6.A. B. Sapozhnikov and M. N. Bobrova, Izvestiya VUZ. Fizika, No. 1 (1963).Google Scholar