Characteristics of Fe/AlPO4-5 catalyst prepared with organic solution
- 71 Downloads
The Fe/AlPO4-5 catalysts are prepared by impregnation with aqueous and organic solution (acetic acid, alcohol and acetone) of iron(III) nitrite respectively. The characterization of catalyst by means of XPS, Mössbauer spectroscopy, TPR and CO hydrogenation is reported. The catalyst prepared with the aqueous solution has no activity for CO hydrogenation because the Fe(III) in the catalyst cannot be reduced to α-Fe. However, the catalysts prepared with organic solution possess obvious hydrogenation activity, in which α-Fe is present in the initial reduced catalyst besides Fe3+ and Fe2+. The results may be explained by the interaction degrees between the metal and the support induced by the different impregnation solvents.
KeywordsCatalyst preparation Fe/AlPO4-5 catalyst CO hydrogenation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S.T. Wilson, B.M. Lok and E.M. Flanigan, US Patent 4 310 440 (1982).Google Scholar
- S.T. Wilson, B.M. Lok, C.A. Messina, I.R. Canna and F.M. Flanigan, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 104 (1982) 146.Google Scholar
- J. Ma, R. Li, B. Fan and W. Xu, Fenzi Cuihua (Molecular Catalysis) 6 (1992) 472.Google Scholar
- J. Ma, B. Fan, R. Li and J. Cao, to be published.Google Scholar
- J. Ma, B. Fan, R. Li and J. Cao, Cuihua Xue Bao (J. Catal.), in press.Google Scholar
- G.B. Raupp and W.N. Delgass, J. Catal. 58 (1979) 337.Google Scholar