The catalytic activity of Cu-ZSM-5 and Cu-Y zeolites in NO decomposition: dependence on copper concentration
- 260 Downloads
NO decomposition was studied on Cu-ZSM-5 (Cu exchange extent from 23 to 210%) and Cu-Y (Cu exchange extent from 5 to 105%) catalysts at 773 K. The results show that the activity (NO molecules decomposed per gram of catalyst per second) increases by roughly 100-fold when the extent of exchange with copper in the ZSM-5 framework increases from 80 to 100%. This behaviour shows that not all Cu sites are equivalent in their decomposition activity. Cu-ZSM-5 samples prepared with either H-ZSM-5 or Na-ZSM-5 show the same activity pattern.
KeywordsNOx abatement Cu-ZSM-5 Cu-Y zeolite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Iwamoto, H. Furukawa and S. Kagawa, in:New Developments in Zeolites, Science and Technology, eds. Y. Murakami, A. Iijima and J.W. Ward (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1986) p. 943.Google Scholar
- J. Valyon and W.K. Hall, J. Phys. Chem. 97 (1993) 1204.Google Scholar
- J.O. Petunchi, G. Marcelin and W.K. Hall, J. Phys. Chem. 96 (1992) 9967.Google Scholar
- A. Zecchina, S. Bordiga, G. Spoto, D. Scarano, G. Petrini, G. Leofanti, M. Padovan and C. Otero Areàn, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans. 88 (1992) 2959;Google Scholar
- aS. Bordiga, E. Escalona Platero, C. Otero Areàn, C. Lamberti and A. Zecchina, J. Catal. 137 (1992) 179.Google Scholar
- J.L. D'Itri and W.M.H. Sachtler, Catal. Lett. 15 (1992) 289.Google Scholar
- Y. Li and W.K. Hall, J. Phys. Chem. 94 (1990) 6145.Google Scholar
- Y. Li and W.K. Hall, J. Catal. 129 (1991) 202.Google Scholar
- M. Iwamoto, H. Yahiro, T. Kutsumo, S. Bunyu and S. Kagawa, Bull Chem. Soc. 62 (1989) 583.Google Scholar
- M. Iwamoto, N. Mizuno and H. Yahiro, in:New Frontiers in Catalysis, Proc. 10th Int. Congr. on Catalysis, Budapest 1992, eds. L. Guczi, F. Solymosi and P. Tétényi (Akadémiai Kiado, Budapest, 1993) p. 1285.Google Scholar