A study of the initial interaction of the Sendai virus with cells, using the method of autoradiography
- 6 Downloads
A study was made of localization in the cellular structures of the Sendai virus with labeled nucleic (with the aid of uracil-C14 and radiophosphorus) or protein (with the aid of methionine and S35-cystine) components. Autoradiography was employed for this purpose. As revealed, during the action of virus preparations labeled with C14-uracil and P35 on the chick embryo cells and human amniotic cells, radioactive granules localized in the nucleoli and nuclei during the first hour then partially passed into the perinuclear zone of the cytoplasm. With the use of S−35 labeled preparations radioactive granules were evenly distributed in the cells. Basing upon the data obtained it may be concluded that the nucleic component of the virus penetrates into the nuclei and nucleoli whereas the protein component or its considerable part remains on the cell membranes or in the ectoplasm.
KeywordsPublic Health Cell Membrane Methionine Cellular Structure Chick Embryo
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. G. Bukrinskaya and V. M. Zhdanov, Vopr. Virusol., No. 3, (1961) p. 364.Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Zhdanov and A. G. Bukrinskaya, Vopr. virusol., No. 5, (1961) p. 541.Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Zhdanov and A. G. Bukrinskaya, Akta virologika, No. 6, (1962) p. 105.Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Zhdanov, A. G. Bukrinskaya, and N. B. Azadova, J. immunol., No. 6, (1961) p. 647.Google Scholar
- 5.L. N. Zhinkin, A. A. Zavarzin, and A. K. Dondua, Tsitologiya, No. 6, (1960) p. 615.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Hill, Exp. Cell. Research., Vol. 24, N. 2, (1961) p. 405.Google Scholar
- 7.L. Hoyte and N. B. Finter, J. Hyg., Vol. 55, (1957) p. 290.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Hoyle, and W. Frisch-Niggemayer, J. Hyg., Vol. 53, (1955), p. 474.Google Scholar
- 9.J. H. Taylor, Exp. Cell Research., N. 4 (1953) p. 164.Google Scholar
- 10.J. H. Taylor, Exp. Cell Research., N. 9, (1955) p. 460.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Dulbecco, Cold Spring Harbor Symp. Quant. Biol., (1962) p. 27.Google Scholar