Effect of adrenalectomy on donors and recipients on repopulation of parental lymphocytes in first generation hybrids
Lymph gland cells from sensitized and normal CBA/HT6T6 mice were injected into F1(CBA/HT6T6×C57BL/6) mice subjected to bilateral adrenalectomy 7 days before injection of the donor cells. In one of the experiments both adrenals were removed from the donors four weeks before the lymph gland cells were taken. Adrenalectomy on the recipients led to an increase in the percentage of donor mitoses in the spleen at all times of transfer, provided that the lymphocytes were taken from sensitized donors, whereas the number of donor mitoses in the lymph glands was indistinguishable from that in the control groups. An increase in the percentage of donor mitoses in the spleen of the adrenalectomized mice was observed only on the 5th day after transfer if lymphocytes from unsensitized donors were used; on the first day after injection of the cells an increase in mitotic activity of the donor cells in the lymph glands was observed. If the lymphocytes were taken from adrenalectomized and sensitized donors, the injected cells retained their power of increased mitotic activity in the spleen of the irradiated recipient on the first day after injection.
Key Wordsadrenalectomy repopulation of lymphocytes sensitization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. P. Bogdanov and V. F. Semenkov, in: Manifestations of Tissue Incompatibility during Transplantation [in Russian], Moscow (1971), p. 23.Google Scholar
- 2.T. K. Valueva, A. V. Antonenko, and V. F. Chebotarev, in: Immunoreactivity of the Organism [in Russian], Kaliningrad-Tallin (1973), p. 367.Google Scholar
- 3.V. F. Semenkov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,203, 1441 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.H. N. Claman, New Engl. J. Med.,287, 388 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.W. L. Ford and M. Simonsen, J. Exp. Med.,133, 938 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.L. R. Heim, E. J. Junis, and R. A. Good, Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. (New York),139, 793 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Kastelan, B. Nakic, O. Springer, et al., Immunology,18, 131 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.V. D. Kieffer and M. M. Ketchel, Transplantation,11, 450 (1971).Google Scholar