The mobile VLBI campaigns in Norway (1989–1993)
- 42 Downloads
Since 1989 several mobile VLBI campaigns have been carried out in Europe with a total of 14 sites occupied. The Norwegian stations at Tromsø and Trysil are the only mobile VLBI stations in Europe observed in more than one epoch, so they have produced the most interesting data from these campaigns. Tromsø is the only station observed in the two summer campaigns (1989 and 1992), while Trysil has been the winter site for MV-2 since late 1991 until the spring of 1993. In this paper we describe the mobile VLBI campaigns in Norway including the observational work and the detailed geodetic analysis performed with OCCAM V3.3. We have also analyzed a series of GPS data sets from Tromsø in order to check the reliability of the VLBI results for that station. The results reveal the need for a very careful design of mobile VLBI experiments, in particular regarding the consistency of the network and of the observation schedules, and the special care that is required in the analysis of the mobile VLBI data in order to achieve significant conclusions.
KeywordsBaseline Length Earth Orientation Parameter East Component Summer Campaign VLBI Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Corey, B.E., T.A. Clark. The RF bandwidth upgrade. Doubling the X-band spanned bandwidth of geodetic VLBI receiving systems. Proc. of the AGU Chapman Conference on geodetic VLBI: Monitoring Global Change. NOAA Technical report NOS 137 NGS 49 (15-23). 1991.Google Scholar
- Ekman, M., J. Mäkinen, Å. Midtsundstad, O. Remmer. Gravity change and land uplift in Fennoscandia 1966–1984.Bull. Geod. 61. 1987.Google Scholar
- IERS Annual Report 1992. Observatoire de Paris. 1993.Google Scholar
- McCarthy, D.D. (Ed). IERS Standards 1992.IERS Technical Note 13. Observatoire de Paris. 1992.Google Scholar
- Rogers, A.E.E. and 34 others. Improvements in the accuracy of geodetic VLBI. In Contributions of Space Geodesy to Geodynamics 47–64. Ed. D.E. Smith & D.L. Turcotte. AGU Geodynamic Series Vol. 25. 1993.Google Scholar
- Webb, F.H. and J.F. Zumberge. An introduction to GIPSY/OASIS-II. JPL. 1993Google Scholar
- Zarraoa, N., 1992. •Estudio de Movimientos Relativos en Europa mediante una red de Radiointerferometría Geodésica•. Ph.D. Thesis. Universidad Complutense de Madrid.Google Scholar
- Zarraoa, N., J. Danielsen. Analysis of the European mobile VLBI campaigns. Proc. IX European VLBI Meeting. 60–70. Ed. J. Campbell & A. Nothnagel. Univ. Bonn Geod. Publ. No. 81. 1993.Google Scholar