Cyclohexylation of naphthalene over unmodified HY zeolites
- 40 Downloads
Cyclohexylation of naphthalene was studied over four commercial unmodified HY zeolites. Approximately equal results were obtained on HY (ZF 515, ZF 520, CBV 720) zeolites. The best results were obtained with cyclohexylbromide as alkylating agent inn-nonane and inn-decane as solvents at boiling point. Conversion of naphthalene was max. 97%, 2,6-selectivity 43% andβ,β'-selectivity 77%.
Keywordsalkylation Cyclohexylation naphthalene cyclohexylnaphthalenes zeolites
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G.A. Olah, in:Friedel-Crafts and Related Reactions, Vol. 2 (Wiley, New York, 1964) p. 68.Google Scholar
- D. Fraenkel, M. Cherniavsky, B. Ittah and M. Levy, J. Catal. 101(1986) 273.Google Scholar
- M. Neuber, H.G. Karge and J. Weitkamp, Catal. Today 3 (1988) 11.Google Scholar
- J.D. Fellmann, R.J. Saxton, P.R. Wentreck, E.G. Derouane and P. Massiani, PCT Int. Appl. 9003961 (1990).Google Scholar
- A. Katayama, M. Tobe, G. Takeuchi, F. Mizukami, S. Niwa and S. Miturama, J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun. (1991) 39.Google Scholar
- Y. Sugi, J.H. Kim, T. Matsuzaki, T. Hanaoka, Y. Kubota, X. Tu and M. Matsumoto, Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal. 84 (1994) 1837.Google Scholar
- P. Moreau, A. Finiels, P. Geneste and J. Solofo, J. Catal. 136 (1992) 487.Google Scholar
- Ch. Song and S. Kirby, Micropor. Mater. 2 (1994) 467.Google Scholar
- S.J. Chu and Y.W. Chen, Appl. Catal. 123 (1995) 51.Google Scholar
- J. Solofo, P. Moreau, P. Geneste and A. Finiels, PCT Int. Appl. WO9101959 (1991).Google Scholar
- P. Moreau, A. Finiels, P. Geneste, F. Moreau and J. Solofo, J. Org. Chem. 57 (1992) 5040.Google Scholar