Duration of mitosis in the corneal epithelium and spleen cells of mice with leukemia La
- 15 Downloads
The diurnal rhythm of mitosis and its duration were investigated in the corneal epithelium and spleen cells of mice with leukemia La. Correlation was found between changes in the mitotic index and duration of mitosis during the 24-h period. It is suggested that the more rapid course of mitosis in tissues with intensive cell proliferation and its slower course in tissues with low proliferative ability are reflections of a general rule.
Key WordsZeukemia La diurnal rhythm of mitosis corneal epithelium spleen
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. V. Berezkin, “Effect of cyclophosphamide on cell division in tumors and normal tissues ofmice when administered at different times of the 24-h period,” Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Vasil'eva, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 2, 85 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Goncharova, L. P. Lipchina, and O. S. Frankfurt, Tsitologiya, No. 4, 407 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Liozner (editor), in: Cell Renewal [in Russian], Leningrad (1966), pp. 5–36.Google Scholar
- 5.S. G. Mamontov and L. N. Ivanova, Tsitologiya No. 1 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.S. G. Mamontov and V. V. Sinel'shchikova, Zh. Obshch. Biol.,. No. 1, 741 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.K. G. Moskalik, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 6, 99 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. A. Romanov and V. P. Rybakov, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 8, 89 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.M. G. Chumak, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,149, 960 (1963).Google Scholar
- 10.E. M. F. Tvermyr, Arch. Pathol. Anat., Abt. B.,2, 318 (1969).Google Scholar