Effect of combined administration of para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA) and β-sitosterol on the course of experimental atheroslerosis in rabbits
- 13 Downloads
This research is devoted to the study of the combined effect of 2 preparations (PABA and β-sitostyrene) with different mechanisms of the antisclerotic effect. In a comparative estimation of the basic indices in control and test animals (cholesterol and phospholipid content of the blood serum, cholesterol level in the liver and aorta, as well as number of lipids in the aortic wall) it was found that injection of the above combination of preparations prevented disturbance of the cholesterol-lecithin balance in test animals to a considerable extent in spite of a prolonged cholesterol administration (20 weeks).
KeywordsPublic Health Lipid Cholesterol Combine Effect Cholesterol Level
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. A. Meshcherskaya, G. P. Borodina, and N. P. Koroleva, et al., Farmakol. i toksikol., 5 (1959), p. 434.Google Scholar
- 2.A. F. Ryzhova, Byull. éksper. biol., 7 (1963), p. 52.Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Khaletskii, Med. prom. SSSR, 11 (1961), p. 32.Google Scholar
- 4.N. A. Yushchenko, Byull. éksper. biol., 3 (1959), p. 31.Google Scholar
- 5.W. W. Davis, Trans. New York Acad. Sci., 18 (1955), p. 123.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Fraser and F. Gardner, Proc. roy. Soc. B., 82, (1910), p. 559.Google Scholar
- 7.H. H. Hernander and I. L. Chaikoff, Proc. Soc. exp. Biol. (New York) 87 (1954), p. 541.Google Scholar
- 8.D. W. Peterson, Proc. Soc. exp. Biol. (New York), 78 (1951), p. 143.Google Scholar
- 9.R. Schoenheimer and Heylers-Hoppe. Z. physiol. Chem., 180, (1929), p. 1.Google Scholar