State of the hypothalamo-hypophyseal neurosecretory system of rabbits after anaphylactic shock
The neurosecretory system of rabbits was investigated 1, 3, 7, 14, and 21 days after anaphylactic shock. Morphometric methods were used to show that the dimensions of the nucleoli in the paraventricular and supraoptic nuclei of the hypothalamus increased gradually by comparison with their size at the time of anaphylactic shock but did not reach the control level. Nucleoli of the cells of the supraoptic nucleus regained their size more slowly than those of the paraventricular nucleus. The content of neurosecretory substance in the system as a whole was not reduced and remained above the control level until the 21st day. The intensity of the formation and secretion of neurohormones in the hypothalamo-hypophyseal neurosecretory system was thus reduced during the 21 days of the postshock period.
Key Wordshypothalamo-hypophyseal neurosecretory system anaphylaxis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. E. Al'pern and E. V. Sidorenko, Byull. Éksperim. Biol. i Med., No. 4, 110 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. Ya. Geinisman, Tsitologiya, No. 3, 348 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.P. S. Demko, in: Proceedings of an Interinstitute Conference of Junior Scientists [in Russian], Leningrad (1973), pp. 13–14.Google Scholar
- 4.P. S. Demko, in: Proceedings of the 1st All-Union Conference on Neuroendocrinology [in Russian], Leningrad (1974), pp. 50–51.Google Scholar
- 5.P. S. Demko and I. A. Krasnovskaya, Probl. Éndokrinol., No. 5, 52 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.S. A. Eremina and É. S. Gul'yants, Byull. Éksperim. Biol. i Med., No. 9, 19 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.I. A. Okhonskaya (Krasnovskaya), Tsitologiya, No. 8, 925 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.A. L. Polenov, Hypothalamic Neurosecretion [in Russian], Leningrad (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.D. S. Saudergene, Tsitologiya, No. 5, 642 (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.W. Bernauer and H. M. Schanz, Int. Arch. Allergy,46, 300 (1974).Google Scholar
- 11.L. Z. Pevzner, in: Macromolecules and Behavior, Edited by J. Gaito, New York (1966), pp. 43–70.Google Scholar
- 12.S. G. Thrasher, L. L. Bernardis, and S. Cohen, Int. Arch. Allergy,41, 813 (1971).Google Scholar