Discovery of a stable cell line antigen in human internal organs
- 17 Downloads
A cell membrane antigen was found in stable cell lines of epithelial origin, identical to an antigen in homogenates of the human gastric mucosa. The antigen was detected by means of antiserum against extracted membrane antigens of HeP-2 cells, absorbed by a mixture of homogenates of human lung, liver, and papillomas of the human larynx and breast. The antigen described was found in some of the adenocarcinomas of the stomach that were tested. It differs from Gold's carcinoembryonic antigen and from the secretory component of IgA, it is not the structural antigen of the D-type primate oncornavirus produced by HeP-2 cells and, evidently, it is not coded by the genome of that virus.
Key Wordsstable human cell lines cell membrane antigen carcinoma of the stomach gastric mucosa
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Gusev and A. K. Yazova, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 4, 120 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.K. V. Il'in, A. F. Bykovskii, and Zh. Zh. Spure, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 2, 86 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.D. A. Él'gort and G. I. Abelev, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 2, 118 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.D. Colcher, S. Spiegelman, and J. Schlom, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA,71, 4975 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.P. Gold and S. O. Freedman, J. Exp. Med.,121, 439 (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.K. V. Ilyin (K. V. Il'in), I. S. Irlin, and A. P. Bykovsky (A. F. Bykovskii), Cancer (Philadelphia),34, 532 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.I. N. Kryukova, K. V. Ilyin (K. V. Il'in), N. N. Mazurenko, et al., Neoplasma (Bratislava),15, 235 (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Reisfeld and M. Pellegrino, Science,172, 1134 (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.G. Seman, S. Hunter, R. Miller, et al., Cancer (Philadelphia),37, 1814 (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.J. Yeh, M. Ahmed, S. A. Mayyasi, et al., Science,190, 583 (1975).Google Scholar