Preparation and some properties of hafnium boride-hafnium nitride alloys
A study was made of the preparation of hafnium diboride-hafnium nitride alloys by the hot-pressing technique. The optimum sintering temperature is 2140°C for alloys based on hafnium diboride and 2050°C for alloys based on hafnium nitride.
Studies of the microstructures of the alloys and measurements of their microhardness and electrical resistivity have shown that, at room temperature, hafnium diboride dissolves about 2 mole % of hafnium nitride, while the nitride dissolves about 1 mole % of the diboride.
KeywordsMicrostructure Nitride Electrical Resistivity Sinter Temperature Hafnium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Rudy and F. Benesovsky, Monatsh. Chem.,92, 415 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.T. I. Serebryakova and G. V. Samsonov, Ukr. Khim. Zh.,29, 876 (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.G. V. Samsonov and E. V. Petrash, Metal. i Term. Obrabotka Metal., No. 4, 19 (1955).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Skorokhod, Inzh.-Fiz, Zh., No. 8, 51 (1959).Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Samsonov, Refractory Compounds [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.R. G. Kozolupova, Dissertation [in Russian], MITsMiZ, Moscow (1951).Google Scholar