Planimetric grids for macroscopic and microscopic stereological investigations
- 17 Downloads
A type of grid for plamimetric investigations of macroscopic and microscopic objects with equidistant nodal points of “zero” thickness is suggested. The method of performing the stereological investigation is described. Formulas are suggested for determining the necessary number of counts of points in order to enable representative data to be obtained for the quota of a structural component in the specimen studied with 95% confidence limits. Formulas for calculating the bulk density of a structural formation in a macroscopic and microscopic object with calculation of statistical indices are given.
Key Wordsplanimetric grid stereology structural components
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. G. Avtlandilov, Arkh. Pat., No. 4, 89 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.G. G. Avtlandilov, Arkh. Pat., No. 6, 76 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.G. G. Avtlandilov, Morphometry in Pathology [in Russian], Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.S. A. Saltykov, Stereometric Metallography [in Russian], Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Weibel, Morphometry of the Human Lungs [in Russian], Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Hennig, Mikroskopie,12, 174 (1957).Google Scholar