A wear-resistant powder metallurgical material based on titanium carbide
- 11 Downloads
A process has been developed for preparing wear-resistant sintered composite materials based on titanium carbide by the infiltration technique.
A study was made of the effects of particle size distribution on the wear resistance of the materials and of heat treatment temperature on the grain size.
The influence of technological factors on the properties of the materials was investigated and the optimum process conditions were determined.
KeywordsGrain Size Titanium Carbide Heat Treatment Composite Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. G. Goetzel and L. P. Skolnick, Plansee Proc. Pergamon Press (1955).Google Scholar
- 2.I. L. Ellis, Trans. Am. Soc. Tool Engr. Tech. Paper No. 13 (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.C. G. Goetzel and J. B. Adamec, Metal Progr.,70, No. 6, 101 (1956).Google Scholar
- 4.H. W. Lawendel and C. G. Goetzel, AIME Regional High-Temperature Materials Conference, Cleveland, Ohio (1957).Google Scholar
- 5.L. P. Skolnick and C. G. Goetzel, ASTM, No. 174, 103 (1955).Google Scholar
- 6.A. G. Spektor, Zavod. Lab.,16, No. 2 (1950).Google Scholar
- 7.I. Kleis, Tr. Tallinsk. Politekhn. Inst. (1958).Google Scholar