Structural stability of reinforced nickel-base composite materials
- 22 Downloads
Stress-rupture tests were carried out on reinforced specimens of composite materials consisting of an alloyed matrix and tungsten or molybdenum fibers at temperatures of 900 and 950°C.
A technique is proposed for studying the character of rupture of composite materials, consisting in dissolving the specimen matrix after testing and grading the fiber fragments by length. The most frequently encountered fiber-fragment length is approximately equal to the critical length.
The character of rupture of composite materials in long-time tests at elevated temperatures is examined.
On the basis of a metallographic analysis of the interfacial zone in the composite materials tested, it is concluded that a stable reinforced materials could be produced by using mutually saturated components.
KeywordsTungsten Molybdenum Elevated Temperature Composite Material Structural Stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. H. Cottrell, in: Mechanical Properties of New Materials [Russian translation], Izd-vo “Mir,” Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.W. Sutton and J. Chorne, in: Fiber Composite Materials [Russian translation], Izd-vo “Mir,” Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.N. M. Parikh, in: Fiber Composite Materials [Russian translation], Izd-vo “Mir,” Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.D. Cratchley, Met. Rev.,10, No. 37, 79 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.L. A. Oding and I. M. Kop'ev, in: Investigations of High-Strength Alloys and Crystal Whiskers [in Russian], Izd-vo “Mir,” Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.S. S. Brenner, J. Metals,14, No. 11, 889 (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Kelly and G. J. Davies, Met. Rev.,10, No. 37, 1 (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.D. Z. McDanels and R. W. Sech, Metal Progr.,78, No. 6, 118 (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Dean, J. Inst. Metals,95, No. 3, 79 (1967).Google Scholar
- 10.E. G. Ellison and B. Harris, Appl. Materials Res.,5, No. 1, 33 (1966).Google Scholar
- 11.Metals. Mechanical and Technological Test Procedures [in Russian], Standartgiz (1963).Google Scholar
- 12.N. D. Sazonova, Creep and Stress-Rupture Testing of Heat-Resisting Materials [in Russian], Izd-vo “Mashinostroenie,” Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 13.I. N. Frantsevich and E. B. Boiko, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 2 (1963).Google Scholar
- 14.I. N. Frantsevich and O. K. Teodorovich, Transactions of an Academy of Sciences of the USSR Conference on Contacts [in Russian], Izd-vo AN SSSR (1957).Google Scholar
- 15.I. N. Frantsevich and O. K. Teodorovich, Powder Metallurgy and Strength of Materials Topics [in Russian], Vol. 2 (1955).Google Scholar