Determination of the nonuniformity of ventilation by the helium mixing time in the lung-spirograph system
Dependence of the helium mixing time in the lung-spirograph system of factors influencing its value was analyzed. In the case of uniform ventilation of the lungs graphs were plotted by means of which the “ideal” mixing time was determined. It is suggested that nonuniformity of lung ventilation be judged by the amount by which the mixing time obtained during investigation of the patient's respiration exceeds the “ideal” time found for the same patient from the graph.
Key Wordsventilation of the lungs helium method residual lung volume
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. I. Agranovich, Novosti Med. Tekhniki, No. 1, 106 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.J. H. Comroe et al., The Lung. Clinical Physiology and Pulmonary Function Tests, Chicago (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Navratil et al., The Pathophysiology of Respiration [in Russian], Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.A. P. Pistsov and A. A. Cherkasova, Novosti Med. Tekhniki, No. 1, 93 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.D. V. Bates and R. V. Christie, Clin. Sci.,9, 17 (1950).Google Scholar
- 6.D. V. Bates, W. S. Fowler, R. E. Forster, et al., J. Appl. Physiol.,6, 598 (1954).Google Scholar
- 7.W. A. Briscoe, M. R. Becklare, and T. F. Rose, Clin. Sci.,10, 37 (1951).Google Scholar