Effect of injury to the maternal liver on reactive changes in the liver of the young
- 14 Downloads
The liver of young rats aged 30 days was studied spectrocytophotometrically (content of glycogen, amino acids, RNA, and DNA) and morphometrically (size of the nuclei and nucleoli, mitotic index) 48 h after intragastric administration of CCl4. Toxic hepatitis had been produced in the mothers of these rats before pregnancy. The results indicate that previous hepatitis in the mother not only affected the morphological nature and histochemical properities of the liver of the progeny, but also led to considerable changes in the response of the hepatocytes to administration of the poison, for the harmful effect of the hepatotoxin was increased.
Key Wordsinjury to the liver by CCl4 toxic hepatitis hepatocytes changes in liver of the progeny
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. I. Gritsyuk Pediatriya, No. 6, 59 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.K. S. Lobyntsev, L. V. Zakharova, Yu. I. Savchenkov, et al., in: Problems in the Toxicology and Hygiene of Synthetic Rubber Production [in Russian], Voronezh (1967), pp. 63–64.Google Scholar
- 3.K. S. Lobyntsev, Yu. I. Savchenkov, V. P. Tereshchenko, et al., in: Proceedings of an All-Union Symposium on the Study of the Effect of Chemicals on the Young Organism, and Aspects of Age Toxicology [in Russian], Moscow (1969), pp. 140–143.Google Scholar
- 4.N. Z. Maisuradze, Ya. S. Tsgareli, and M. A. Kinkladze, Transactions of the Research Institute of the Physiology and Pathology of Women [in Russian], Vol. 5, Tbilisi (1969), pp. 179–185.Google Scholar
- 5.Kh. Murzaleiva and G. Kusainova, Pregnancy and Botkin's Disease [in Russian], Alma-Ata (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.E. N. Ter-Grigorova and V. S. Ter-Grigorov, Congenital Virus Hepatitis [in Russian], Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Mendelsohn, J. Biophys. Biochem. Cytol.,4, 407 (1958).Google Scholar
- 8.L. Pevzner and E.-D. Sandergene, Acta Histochem. (Jena),39, 101 (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.J.-M. Vernier and N. Daugeras, Histochemie,32, 307 (1972).Google Scholar