Investigation of the mechanism of action of ouabain and cyclic AMP of the transport of calcium ions by rat heart mitochondria
- 20 Downloads
The action of ouabain and cyclic AMP on the Ca-accumulating capacity and outflow of Ca2+ ions from loaded rat heart mitochondria was studied by the tetracycline probe method. In the course of the investigations no effect of ouabain on these processes was found. Cyclic AMP did not act on Ca binding by the mitochondrial membrane but it induced rapid liberation of Ca2+ from organelles loaded with these ions.
Key Wordsouabain cyclic AMP calcium mitochondria
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. G. Korkina, V. I. Sorokovoi, and Yu. A. Vladimirova, Stud. Biophys.,39, 177 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.É. Sh. Matlina, Usp. Fiziol. Nauk, No. 4, 92 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.A. B. Borle, J. Membrane Biol.,16, 221 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Brooker, Science,182, 933 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Carafoli, J. Molec. Cell. Cardiol.,7, 83 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.A. H. Caswell and J. D. Hutchison, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.,42, 43 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.S. C. Harvey, Arch. Int. Pharmacodyn.,213, 222 (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Katz and A. Tenenhouse, Br. J. Pharmacol.,48, 516 (1973).Google Scholar
- 9.K. S. Lee, S. A. Hong, and D. H. Kaug, J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther.,172, 180 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.A. Lehninger, in: Metabolism of the Myocardium (Proceedings of the First Soviet-American Symposium) [in Russian], Moscow (1975), pp. 178–194.Google Scholar
- 11.E. M. Tarjan and S. I. Kimata, Endocrinology,89, 385 (1971).Google Scholar