Production of sintered shaping elements of molds for plastics by hydrostatic pressing
- 14 Downloads
The hydrostatic pressing technique makes it possible to dispense with the coining and intermediate sintering operations, which are essential in the manufacture of inserts by direct pressing.
Sintered shaping components produced by hydrostatic pressing at a compaction pressure of 60 · 107 N/m2 possess adequate strength and density. Even before sintering, the compacts can readily be machined on lathes.
Parts of less than 10% porosity produced by this technique can be successfully electroplated without any preparatory operations.
KeywordsPorosity Mold Compaction Compaction Pressure Shaping Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ya. G. Gorodetskii and M. Ya. Kutser, Economic Effectiveness of Powder Metallurgy Techniques in Industry [in Russian], Minsk (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.O. V. Roman, V. I. Belyaev, and M. Ya. Kutser, Uses of Steel Powder for the Production of Machine Components and Dies by the Powder Metallurgy Technique [in Russian], Minsk (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.Czechoslovak Pat. No. 96267, Aug. 20, 1960.Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Borok, in: Powder Metallurgy, Transactions of the Fourth All-Union Scientific-Technical Conference on Powder Metallurgy Topics [in Russian], Yaroslavl' (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Yu. Bal'shin and A. P. Dubrovskii, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,136, No. 2 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Meerson, B. A. Borok, and B. P. Lobashov, Transactions of the Seventh All-Union Scientific-Technical Conference on Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], Erevan (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.A. K. Mashkov and V. G. Gritsai, Sb. Nauchn. Tr, Omskogo Politekhn. Inst., Omsk (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.P. W. Bridgman, The Physics of High Pressure, G. Bell, London.Google Scholar
- 9.A. K. Mashkov and V. G. Gritsai, in: Problems in Forgings, Pressings, and Castings Production [in Russian], Omsk (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.I. D. Radomysel'skii, in: Powder Metallurgy and Metalworking [in Russian], Erevan (1964).Google Scholar
- 11.L. M. Apininskaya and I. D. Radomysel'skii, Transactions of the Seventh All-Union Scientific-Technical Conference on Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], Erevan (1964).Google Scholar