Velocity of sound in sintered powder metallurgy materials
An equation has been derived analytically and confirmed experimentally, describing the dependence of the velocity of sound in powder materials on their porosity and conditions of their preparation and testing.
It is shown that the method of investigating the velocity of sound in powder materials may be employed for the physicochemical analysis of sintering processes.
KeywordsPorosity Powder Metallurgy Sinter Process Powder Material Physicochemical Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Blakemore, Solid State Physics, Saunders (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.W. Mason (editor), Physical Acoustics Vol. 3, Part B, Lattice Dynamics, Academic Press (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.N. I. Shcherban', Poroshkovaya Met., No. 9 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.N. I. Shcherban', Poroshkovaya Met., No. 10 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.M. A. Berman, in: Dynamics of Bases and Foundations [in Russian], Vol. 2, Sovet-skoe Radio, Moscow (1969), p. 85.Google Scholar
- 6.G. R. Fridman, M. Ya. Kutser, and V. P. Kuznetsov, in: Advanced Techniques for the Manufacture of Powder Metallurgy Articles [in Russian], Polymya, Minsk (1971), p. 21.Google Scholar
- 7.N. A. Tsytovich, Mechanics of Soils [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.G. M. Lyakhov and N. I. Polyakova, Waves in Dense Media and Loads on Buildings [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.G. D. McAdam, J. Iron Steel Inst.,168, No. 4, 346 (1951).Google Scholar
- 10.I. D. Radomysel'skii, G. G. Serdyuk, et al., Poroshkovaya Met., No. 5 (1974).Google Scholar