Effect of test conditions on the resistance of sintered strip to deformation
It has been established that, in the deformation of sintered strip materials at h0/b<1 and in the presence of lubricant on the contact surface, their resistance to deformation apparently tends to the variable yield stress σs, which in turn is a function of the degree of deformation ɛ. This is due to the fact that the pores and irregularities on the contact surface are capable of maintaining a boundary lubricant layer between the pressing tool (punch) and the specimen. Thus, the method of determination of the variable yield stress of dense specimens, in which the latter are swaged with flat, parallel punches, is suitable also, as confirmed by experimental data, for the determination of this parameter in the deformation of sintered strip materials.
KeywordsExperimental Data Contact Surface Variable Yield Boundary Lubricant Lubricant Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Krokha, Strengthening Curves of Metals Subjected to Cold Deformation [in Russian], Mashizdat, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.V. F. Molodychenko, G. A. Vinogradov, and K. M. Radchenko, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 1 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.M. L. Gorb and A. A. Ostrovskii, Apparatus and Devices for the Investigation of the Mechanical Properties of Materials [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.V. F. Molodychenko, G. A. Vinogradov, and K. M. Radchenko, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 6 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Tselikov and A. I. Grishkov, Theory of Rolling [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.I. V. Kragel'skii and I. É. Vinogradov, Coefficients of Friction [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.G. A. Vinogradov, Yu. N. Semenov, et al., The Rolling of Metal Powders [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Tret'yakov and K. M. Radchenko, The Variation of the Mechanical Properties of Metals and Alloys during Cold Rolling [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Sverdlovsk (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.V. P. Troshchenko and V. N. Rudenko, Strength of Sintered Materials and Methods for Its Determination [in Russian], Tekhnika, Kiev (1965).Google Scholar