Correction of immune response to sheep's erythrocytes by polyelectrolytes in different strains of mice
- 20 Downloads
Inbred mice of strain C57BL, A, C57BR, C3H, and CBA, with low, medium, and high reactivity to sheep's red cells (SRBC), were injected with the polymers poly-4-vinylpyridine (P4VP) and polyacrylic acid (PAA) and immunized with SRBC; production of antibody-forming cells (AFC) in their spleen was then determined. Injection of P4VP into C57BL mice was shown to produce a fivefold increase, and injection of PAA a fourfold increase in the immune response. Injection of P4VP and PAA into mice of strain A increased the immune response by 2.5 and 2.8 times respectively. The immune response in C57BR mice was increased fourfold by P4VP and by 4.7 times by PAA. Treatment of C3H mice with P4VP increased the immune response by twice, and treatment with PAA by 2.4 times. Injection of P4VP and PAA into CBA mice did not affect the intensity of the immune response. With an increase in the immunological reactivity toward SRBC in the mice of these strains a decrease in the potentiating effect of polymers on the immune response was thus observed.
Key Wordsimmune response polyelectrolytes genetic differences
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. V. Petrov, R. M. Khaitov, E. V. Kozhinova, et al., Tsitologiya,17, No. 3, 321 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.R. V. Petrov and V. M. Man'ko, in: General Problems in Pathology [in Russian], Vol. 3, Moscow (1972), p. 9.Google Scholar
- 3.R. V. Petrov, V. M. Man'ko, and É. I. Panteleev, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 8, 70 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.R. V. Petrov, R. M. Khaitov, and A. A. Batyrbekov, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 3 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.R. M. Khaitov and A. A. Batyrbekov, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 2, 84 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Benaceraff, Ann. Immunol.,125, 143 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.F. W. Falkenberg, A. Sulica, G. M. Shearer, et al., Cell Immunol.,12, 271 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.N. K. Jerne and A. A. Nordin, Science,140, 405 (1963).Google Scholar
- 9.U. O. McDevitt, K. B. Bechtil, F. H. Freed, et al., Ann. Immunol.,125, 175 (1974).Google Scholar
- 10.E. Mozes, Ann. Immunol.,125, 185 (1974).Google Scholar