The biological activity of catecholamines in rabbits at various intervals after irradiation
- 12 Downloads
The biological activity of catecholamines isolated from the anterior chamber's aqueous humor at various periods of radiation sickness was assessed. For this purpose a study was made of the disturbances in the work of the isolated frog heart and the changes occurring in desympathized pupil diameters in response to catecholamine administration. On the basis of the data obtained it is shown that catecholamines are biologically active during the whole period of radiation sickness.
KeywordsPublic Health Biological Activity Catecholamine Anterior Chamber Aqueous Humor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. I. Komarova. Effect of roentgen Rays on the Morphology of Rabbit Blood after Blood Loss. Diss. Cand. Sverdlovsk (1946).Google Scholar
- 2.Kh. S. Koshtoyants, Proteins, Metabolism and Neuroregulation. Moscow (1951).Google Scholar
- 3.K. M. Larionova, in: Problems in Pathogenesis, Experimental Therapy and Prevention of Radiation Sickness. Moscow (1960), p. 96.Google Scholar
- 4.A. F. Maslova, Biokhimiya, No. 2 (1959), p. 181.Google Scholar
- 5.M. N. Murav'ev, Reference Handbook of Radiation Medicine (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Titaev, Byull. Éksper. Biol. i Med., No. 2 (8) (1953), p. 11.Google Scholar
- 7.W. Raab and W. Gigee, Circulation, v. 9 (1954), p. 592.Google Scholar