Effect of specimen density on creep rate in uniaxial tension and compression
- 34 Downloads
Expressions have been derived describing the relationship between the creep rate of a porous material in uniaxial tension (compression) and that of its solid phase.
It is shown that the creep rate of a porous solid sharply rises with decrease in its relative density. The rise is the more pronounced the higher the value of the exponent n in the power relationship έ ∼ σn.
KeywordsRelative Density Porous Material Creep Rate Uniaxial Tension Power Relationship
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Lecrivain, in: Advances in Refractories Production [Russian translation], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1962), p. 284.Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Skorokhod, Rheological Principles of Sintering Theory [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1972), p. 32.Google Scholar
- 3.K. K. Strelov, Structure and Properties of Refractories [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1972), p. 170.Google Scholar
- 4.I. G. Orlova, Sb. Tr. UNIIO, Metallurgizdat, Moscow, No. 7, 77 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.Leter, Trans. Brit. Ceram. Soc.,54, No. 1 (1955).Google Scholar
- 6.L. B. Borovkova. et al., Ogneupory, No. 1, 37 (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.P. S. Mamykin and V. D. Koksharov, Ogneupory, No. 1, 31 (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Ya. Krasovskii, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 4, 1 (1964).Google Scholar
- 9.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965), p. 24.Google Scholar
- 10.H. G. Van Bueren, Defects in Crystals [Russian translation], IIL, Moscow (1962), p. 197.Google Scholar
- 11.É. T. Denisenko and V. K. Mai, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 11, 25 (1968).Google Scholar
- 12.V. V. Skorokhod, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 12, 18 (1968).Google Scholar
- 13.M. S. Koval'chenko, Fiz.-Khim. Mekhan. Mat.,5, 323 (1969).Google Scholar