Short-time sintering of porous rolled strip from stainless steel powder
- 16 Downloads
Rapid heating and cooling at temperatures in excess of 600°C enable porous strip from stainless steel powders to be sintered without the use of protective packing materials.
After short-time sintering in the temperature range 1350–1400°C, the level of mechanical properties of porous strip from Kh18N9 and Kh18N15 stainless steel powders is adequate for the requirements of filtration applications.
The quality of interparticle contacts, measured by the magnitude ɛ, in specimens subjected to shorttime sintering in the temperature range 1350–1400°C is slightly inferior to that attained in specimens produced by prolonged sintering.
KeywordsMechanical Property Filtration Stainless Steel Packing Material Rapid Heating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Tikhonov and V. K. Sorokin, in: Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], Riga (1968), p. 122.Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Andrievskii, V. S. Pugin, I. M. Fedorchenko, and V. Z. Teverovskii, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 1, 20 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.R. A. Andrievskii and S. M. Solonin, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 3, 32 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.R. A. Andrievskii and S. M. Solonin, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 4, 94 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Skorokhod, Densification Processes and Variation of Interparticle Contacts in the Solid-Phase Sintering of Powdered Solids [in Russian], Izd-vo AN USSR, Kiev (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.P. V. Gel'd and O. A. Esin, High-Temperature Reduction Processes [in Russian], Metallurgizdat (1957).Google Scholar