Reflection spectra of Geksanit-R polycrystals of various phase compositions
- 6 Downloads
Reflecting power measurements have been carried out for the first time on a considerable number of Geksanit-R specimens of various phase compositions. It has been established that the optical characteristics of specimens composed mainly of BNs match those reported in the literature. Reflection spectra reveal that varying the relative amounts of the BNw, BNs, and BNg phases in specimens brings about changes linked with differences in the character of the reactions of light with their different crystal lattices. Measurement of reflecting power in the IR range of the spectrum (400–2000 cm−1) may be recommended for the semiquantitative determination of the phase composition of Geksanit-R specimens containing not more than 70% of BNs.
KeywordsReflection Phase Composition Crystal Lattice Reflection Spectrum Optical Characteristic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. G. Karyuk, A. V. Bochko, S. S. Dzhamarov, et al., “Machining properties of superhard polycrystalline materials based on boron nitride under discontinuous cutting conditions,” in: Machining and Tools [in Russian], Kharkov (1980), pp. 72–75.Google Scholar
- 2.K. Bradley, Use of High-Pressure Technology in Solid-State. Investigations [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Kurdyumov and A. N. Pilyankevich, Phase Transformations in Carbon and Boron Nitride [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. I. Ukhanov, Optical Properties of Semiconductors [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Yu. Gavronskaya, M. V. Belousov, G. O. Gomon, and A. A. Shultin, “Vibration spectra of various boron nitride modifications,” Tr. Vses. Nauchno-Issled. Inst. Abrazivov Shlifovaniya, Leningrad, 26–30 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.S. G. Gatilova, V. G. Malogolovets, A. V. Bochko, S. S. Dzhamarov, and V. V. Yarosh, “Vibration spectra of various structural modifications of boron nitride,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk Ukr. RSR, Ser. A, No. 10, 941–945 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.V. N. Gashtol'd, S. A. Kutolin, L. M. Shakaryan, L. F. Belova, and G. M. Komarova, “Production of cubic boron nitride films by a high-frequency reactive spray-deposit!on method,” Elektron. Tekh., Ser. 12, No. 4, 58–68 (1970).Google Scholar