The wetting of self-bonded polycrystalline silicon carbide by silicon I. Effect of phase composition on wetting
It is shown that the character of variation of Φin and Φout with free silicon concentration in base plates in the wetting of self-bonded polycrystalline silicon carbide by silicon is in qualitative agreement with Johnson and Dettre's model , which links the wetting behavior of two-phase base plates with their energy heterogeneity.
KeywordsSilicon Carbide Phase Composition Silicon Carbide Qualitative Agreement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. N. Frantsevich, G. G. Gnesin, S. M. Zubkova, et al., Silicon Carbide [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. V. Naidich and G. M. Nevodnik, “The wetting of SiC single crystal surfaces by melts,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater.,5, No. 2, 2066–2071 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.V. L. Yupko and G. G. Gnesin, “Contact reaction of silicon carbide with liquid silicon,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 10, 97–101 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.V. L. Yupko and G. G. Gnesin, “Wetting of silicon carbide by binary Si-Ti and Si-Cr alloys,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 1, 77–79 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.G. G. Gnesin, Nonporous Polycrystalline Silicon Carbide and Its Applications in High-Temperature Technology: Refractory Carbides [in Russian], Naukova Dumka., Kiev (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.R. E. Johnson and R. H. Dettre, “Study of an idealized heterogeneous surface,” J. Phys. Chem.,68, No. 7, 1744–1750 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. Saltykov, Stereometric Metallography [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.V. N. Eremenko and Yu. V. Naidich, The Wetting of Refractory Compound Surfaces by Liquid Metals [in Ukrainian], Vid-vo Akad. Ukr. Nauk SSR, Kiev (1958).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Cassie, “Contact angles,” Discussions Faraday Soc., No. 3, 11–16 (1948).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. V. Naidich, Contact Phenomena in Metallurgical Melts [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1972).Google Scholar
- 11.I. N. Frantsevich, S. M. Zubkova, V. A. Kravets, et al., Silicon Carbide [in Russian], GITL UkrSSR, Kiev (1963).Google Scholar