The wetting of self-bonded polycrystalline silicon carbide by silicon I. Effect of phase composition on wetting
- 32 Downloads
It is shown that the character of variation of Φin and Φout with free silicon concentration in base plates in the wetting of self-bonded polycrystalline silicon carbide by silicon is in qualitative agreement with Johnson and Dettre's model , which links the wetting behavior of two-phase base plates with their energy heterogeneity.
KeywordsSilicon Carbide Phase Composition Silicon Carbide Qualitative Agreement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. N. Frantsevich, G. G. Gnesin, S. M. Zubkova, et al., Silicon Carbide [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. V. Naidich and G. M. Nevodnik, “The wetting of SiC single crystal surfaces by melts,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater.,5, No. 2, 2066–2071 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.V. L. Yupko and G. G. Gnesin, “Contact reaction of silicon carbide with liquid silicon,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 10, 97–101 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.V. L. Yupko and G. G. Gnesin, “Wetting of silicon carbide by binary Si-Ti and Si-Cr alloys,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 1, 77–79 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.G. G. Gnesin, Nonporous Polycrystalline Silicon Carbide and Its Applications in High-Temperature Technology: Refractory Carbides [in Russian], Naukova Dumka., Kiev (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.R. E. Johnson and R. H. Dettre, “Study of an idealized heterogeneous surface,” J. Phys. Chem.,68, No. 7, 1744–1750 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. Saltykov, Stereometric Metallography [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.V. N. Eremenko and Yu. V. Naidich, The Wetting of Refractory Compound Surfaces by Liquid Metals [in Ukrainian], Vid-vo Akad. Ukr. Nauk SSR, Kiev (1958).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Cassie, “Contact angles,” Discussions Faraday Soc., No. 3, 11–16 (1948).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. V. Naidich, Contact Phenomena in Metallurgical Melts [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1972).Google Scholar
- 11.I. N. Frantsevich, S. M. Zubkova, V. A. Kravets, et al., Silicon Carbide [in Russian], GITL UkrSSR, Kiev (1963).Google Scholar