The dielectric analogue of magnetohydrodynamics
- 19 Downloads
Almost half a century after Alfvén first conceived of the science of magnetohydrodynamics, it is still possible to trace his intuitive thinking to explore physical processes heretofore not considered. The ideas of magnetohydrodynamics (applicable to conducting fluids) can be transferred almost intact to purely dielectric fluids, such that we can arrive at a generalized concept applicable toany fluid-conducting or dielectric. In this sense, Alfvén's conception of magnetohydrodynamics may be ideationally even more profound than it has been thought to be so far.
KeywordsPhysical Process Generalize Concept Dielectric Fluid Intuitive Thinking Dielectric Analogue
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alvén, H.: 1942,Nature 150, 405.Google Scholar
- Alfvén, H.: 1981,Cosmic Plasma, D. Reidel Publ. Co., Dordrecht, Holland.Google Scholar
- Alfvén, H. and Fälthammar, C.-G.: 1963,Cosmical Electrodynamics, Oxford University Press, London.Google Scholar
- De, B. R.: 1979a,Phys. Fluids 22 (1), 189.Google Scholar
- De, B. R.: 1979b,Astrophys. Space Sci. 62, 255.Google Scholar
- De, B. R.: 1980,Phys. Fluids 23 (2), 408.Google Scholar
- Stratton, J. A.: 1941,Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar