Reactions in the TiN-TiB2 system
- 72 Downloads
Using data on melting points, phase and chemical compositions, lattice constants, and microhardnesses of individual phases and alloys, a constitution diagram has been constructed for the quasibinary eutectic system TiN0.96-TiB2. The system has a eutectic temperature of 2600±40°C and a eutectic composition 40 wt. % TiN0.96 + 60 wt. % TiB2. It is characterized by a negligible intersolubility of the components (up to 3–4 wt. % TiB2 in TiN0.96 and a virtual insolubility of TiN2 in TiB2).
KeywordsMelting Point Lattice Constant TiN2 Eutectic Temperature Eutectic Composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Samsonov and E. V. Petrash, “Some physicochemical properties of titanium boridetitanium nitride alloys,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 4, 19–24 (1955).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Nowotny, F. Benesovsky, C. Brukl, and O. Schob, “The systems Ti-B-C and Ti-B-N,” Monatsh. Chem.,92, No. 12, 403–406 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.M. A. Eron'yan, R. G. Avarbe, and I. N. Danisina, “Effect of equilibrium nitrogen pressure on the melting points of TiN and HfNn,” Teplofiz. Vys. Temp.,14, No. 2, 398–399 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.R. G. Avarbe, M. A. Eron'yan, I. N. Danisina, and S. P. Kogel', “Investigation of equilibria in Group IA metal-nitrogen systems,” in: Investigation of Nitrides [in Russian], Kiev (1975), pp. 155–156.Google Scholar
- 5.S. S. Ordan'yan, A. I. Avgustinik, and V. Sh. Vigdergauz, “ZrC-Mo constitution diagram,” in: Investigations in the Field of Silicate and Oxide Chemistry [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow-Leningrad (1965), pp. 220–222.Google Scholar
- 6.N. N. Minenko and T. N. Nazarchuk, “Determination of nitrogen in nitrides undecomposable by acids,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 6, 53–54 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.S. S. Ordan'yan, V. I. Unrod, and A. E. Lutsenko, “Reactions in the HfC-HfB2 system,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater.,13, No. 3, 546–547 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.I. I. Spivak, R. A. Andrievskii, V. V. Klimenko, and V. D. Lazarenko, “Creep in the binary systems TiB2-TiC and ZrB2-ZrN,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 8, 17–21 (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.R. A. Andrievskii, A. G. Lanin, and G. A. Rymashevskii, Strength of Refractory Compounds [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1974), pp. 178–181.Google Scholar