Hardening of sintered carbides by ultrasonic vibrations. IV. The influence of the length of ultrasonic treatment on the hardening of sintered cobalt
- 16 Downloads
Ultrasonic treatment of sintered cobalt leads to an increase in the packing defect concentration in the material.
Plastic deformation occurring under the action of combined static and dynamic loads of ultrasonic frequency promotes the occurrence in the material of the phase transformation of the high-temperature modification of cobalt into the low-temperature one.
The degree of nonuniformity and the character of the deformation over the volume of the sample depend upon the applied static load and the length of the ultrasonic action.
KeywordsCarbide Cobalt Plastic Deformation Phase Transformation Static Load
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Mukha and V. N. Vinnichenko, “Hardening of sintered carbides by ultrasonic vibrations. II. The influence of ultrasonics on the strength of VK15 and VK2 sintered carbides,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 8, 43–46 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Velotskii, V. N. Vinnichenko, I. M. Mukha, et al., “Hardening of sintered carbides by ultrasonic vibrations. III. The influence of ultrasonic treatment on the stressed condition of tungsten-cobalt sintered carbides,” ibid., No. 8, 84–88 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.M. V. Storozhev and E. A. Popov, The Theory of Working of Metals by Pressure [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.I. G. Polotskii, V. F. Belostotskii, and O. N. Kashevskaya, “The influence of ultrasonic treatment on the hardness of nickel single crystals,” Fiz.-Khim. Obrab. Mater., No. 4, 152–155 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.A. H. Cotrell, Dislocations and Plastic Flow in Crystals [Russian translation], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.R. W. Honeycombe, Plastic Deformation of Metals, St. Martin (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.I. G. Polotskii, G. I. Prokopenko, and V. P. Krivko, “Ultrasonic impact treatment of certain industrial alloys and their structural changes,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab., No. 5, 46–48 (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.Ya. S. Umanskii and Yu. A. Skakov, The Physics of Metals [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar